Non-Degree General Information
Students taking non-degree coursework in the Medical Pharmacology and Therapeutics program may take up to 3 credit hours in non-degree status.
Courses are taken on their own and are not part of a larger program. However, students can transfer up to 3 credit hours toward the Graduate Certificate in Medical Pharmacology and Therapeutics. These credits will transfer if the student is admitted to the certificate program and if a grade of “B” or higher is earned.
There is no application fee for non-degree seeking students. Enrollment as a non-degree student does not guarantee admission to the program.
All courses taken as a non-degree seeking student are credit-bearing. Your official transcript will list coursework, course number, course title and grade received. The earned hours, hours carried and GPA will read as zero on your official transcript as those fields are only completed for UF degree seeking students.
If you are planning on transferring UF non-degree coursework to another institution for credit, it’s advised that you first verify with the other institution that the credit will be accepted.
Non-Degree Minimum Requirements
In order to enroll in courses as a non-degree seeking student, you must have:
- A Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from one of the institutional accreditors (or four-year international equivalent) found at https://admissions.ufl.edu/apply/graduate/accreditation or a professional degree (e.g., Pharm.D., BS Pharm, RN, Physician’s Assistant, ARNP, MD, DO)
- An upper-division GPA of 2.0 (C grade) or better. To calculate what your upper-division GPA is, please use the following form: Upper Division GPA Worksheet.
- At least five full semester courses related to biology, chemistry or physics
- If your native language is not English, or if you graduated with a bachelor's degree from a non-English speaking country, you will need to take and submit your TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or other Graduate Council approved English language skills test scores.
- Non-English speaking countries are those which are not included in the graduate school's list of English speaking countries.
- To take non-degree courses, the applicant must score the following on the TOEFL:
TOEFL Exam Type Required Score Paper-based 550 Computer-based 213 Internet 80
- For students taking coursework in the Medical Pharmacology and Therapeutics program, a maximum of 3 credits can be taken as a non-degree seeking student
- A student who is already admitted to the University of Florida needs to contact us before an application is submitted.
Additional Non-Degree Minimum Requirements: For International Students Only
The English language skill requirements for admission: